- Power consumption, cement sales, housing sales showing rapid falls.
- Notes the Communist Party is called “The Family” in a reference to La Costra Nostra
- Banks will survive, since they’re a source of power for the Family, adding they’ll likely take money from western investors,
- “We’re going to open to outside investors, than keep tapping you over and over.” Chanos says on China’s attitude towards western investors
- Sep 30, 2011: Here’s what I said. “The next Chinese leadership will look to fleece foreigners and use the opportunity seize assets for “The Party. Sep 30, 2011.
- Weibo is breaking through the “Great Firewall” ~ tipping points can be reached here.
- “I would be long the Chinese communist party.”
- Sees the problem as purely financial, not political. ~ I think he’s underestimating the political risks, as he did with Enron.
Popularity: 1% [?]