Commodities : Base Metals Show ‘Manifestly Bearish Signals,’ Gartman Says – bloomberg
- Aluminimum and copper upward trend lines broke
China : Henderson Land Said to Approach Lenders for $643 Million Hong Kong Loan – bloomberg
- not a good sign for either the property developer, or banks – particularly if the latter agrees.
China’s Property Statistics Shows Further Weakening – HS
South Korea’s Household Bank Loans Rise Most in Six Months – bloomberg
South Korea’s swelling household debt may complicate the central bank’s policymaking as board members seek to quell inflation without exacerbating the burden on indebted consumers.
- Always need to keep an eye on credit growth as a leading indicator for non performing loans
Japan : IMF Asks Japan for Bolder Fiscal Strategy
- IMF asks Japan to print more money – brilliant! not surprising
Latin American : Brazil Signals More Rate Increases to Come After Raising Selic to 12.25% – bloomberg
- credit expanding at a 20 percent annual pace
- inflation is running at 6.22%, as Brazil one of the few economies in the world with positive real interest rates
US : Gross Says U.S. Policy Prompting Foreigners to Question Dollar – bloomberg
- mentions financial repression and negative real interest rates
- Bernanke wants to cheapen the dollar to help the government’s debt situation, at the expense of those who hold or earn in dollars.
Popularity: 2% [?]